Dark underarm/armpit is usually a sore sight to behold. It keeps most people from wearing sleeveless shirts/ swimsuits in public places.
What actually causes dark armpits?
- Dead skin cells – lack of exfoliation
- Friction resulting from tight shirts
- Irritation from shaving
Here are 4 DIY remedies that would clear of the dark spots and make your armpit tone rhyme with your complexion
- Potato: blend some potatoes, squeeze out the juice, and apply on your armpit. Wash the juice off after ten minutes with water.
- Lemon: Cut one lemon into slices, rub one of the slices on your armpit, and wash off after ten minutes.
- Orange Peel: Fetch one tablespoon of rose water and one tablespoon of milk. Mix them with powdered orange peel to form a thick paste. Apply the paste in the dark areas and wash off after fifteen minutes.
- Cucumber: Cut some slices of cucumber into a bowl. Rub the slices on your armpit, and wash off with cool water after ten minutes.
Repeat any of these procedures two or three times in a week to get optimal results.