There are many, time-tested home remedies for younger-looking skin that you can pick up from your everyday kitchen ingredients.
Here are 5 of such solutions for that much sought after radiance:
1. Honey: This is a nourishing ingredient that is essential for youthful skin. It eases inflammation and stimulates cellular regeneration. It’s rich antioxidant properties, together with the presence of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. The humectant property of this sticky liquid helps in capturing and retaining the much essential skin hydration.
- Add 2 tsp crushed rock salt with 1 tbsp honey and use it an exfoliating agent to scrub off the dead skin cells.
This is an antiseptic, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory agent. It improves the circulation level, fights off infections, clears the blemishes, and thwarts fine lines and wrinkles—in short, using it is greatly advised if you want healthy skin.
- Mix 1 tsp turmeric powder with 1 tsp honey and a little milk to form a coarse paste. Use it as a scrub on your face and skin daily.
- Ward off the dark circles and puffiness with an eye pack made from ½ tsp turmeric powder and 2 tsp buttermilk.
3. Oatmeal: Oats, when mixed with water, forms a gelatin-like structure due to the presence of polysaccharides and acts as a protective covering on the skin. It prevents the skin from turning dry and flaky. The healthy fat in oatmeal makes it a natural moisturizer. This wonder food is also known to safeguard your skin from the damage caused by the scorching sun. It also possesses innate cleansing and exfoliating properties, to help keep the skin looking younger.
- Prepare an anti-aging pack by mixing 2 tbsp oatmeal with 1 whipped egg yolk and 1 tsp each of olive oil and freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Apply it on your skin and wash off after 20 minutes. Repeat this twice a week to slow down aging.
A gentle acidic food, yogurt prevents the skin from losing its natural sheen. A fabulous sunburn healer, this dairy food also helps in lightening dark spots.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder with 1 tsp yogurt gives you an awesome scrub.
- Mix 1 tsp lemon juice with ½ a tsp honey and 1 tsp yogurt to prepare a skin lightening mask. Apply on the face and rinse off after the pack dries to reveal a brighter, younger skin.
Freshly squeezed lemon flush out toxins from your body and helps in keeping the skin free from blemishes and dark spots. The rich presence of potassium and vitamin C enables it to combat free radicals, prevent damages, and keep the skin young.
- Apply 1 tsp lemon juice on skin directly to ease wrinkle and dark spots.
- A face mask prepared by mixing honey and lemon juice in equal proportions will alleviate aging signs and retain its youthful look.