Perhaps you don’t know yet, but bananas’ richness in antioxidants, phytochemicals, and moisture have exceptional benefits to offer your skin.
It will nourish and revitalize dry skin as well as smoothen rough and ageing skin. Also, if you have acne-prone oily skin, you can use it topically for oil control and to reduce further breakouts.
So, here are the five skin secrets of banana many people don’t know.
- Moisturises skin: Banana is rich in potassium and moisture, which enable it to hydrate and moisturizes dry skin, making it soft and supple.
Let’s say your skin is peeling and dry, simply apply a banana face mask on your face. Get a small bowl, mash up a ripe banana with the back of your fork, and apply to your face, avoiding the area around your eye and mouth.
Then, rinse with cold water after 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy the soft feel of your skin
- Oily skin remedy: If you’ve got oily skin, banana can be your first call. It is a great exfoliator which helps slough off excess sebum on skin surface.
Just mash a ripe banana with the back of a fork and combine 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to make an amazing face mask. Rinse off with a wet cloth or cold water.
- Keeps you young: Banana contains wrinkle-fighting nutrients that helps fade age spots and prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming.
To maintain that young look, mash the fruit, and add 1 teaspoon of orange juice, and 1 teaspoon of thick yogurt. Apply on your face for a few minutes, and rinse off.
- Acne cure: Banana works perfectly as remedies for treating acne and pimples. You can directly apply the inside of a banana peel onto your acne to reduce inflammation and destroy bacteria.
Wash this off with cold water and pat your face dry. Use consistently to get the best results.
5. Lightens dark spots: Be it acne scars, tiny moles, age spots, or just dark spots that are working against your facial beauty, banana can help you eliminate them. Apply mashed banana onto your face at least twice a week to get rid of dark spots.