Needless to say, honey helps us in countless ways in our everyday life, and the state of your skin is not left out.
Raw or unpasteurized honey has a plethora of help to offer the skin, starting with moisturising it, to working as a clarifier, firmer and illuminator.
So, here are five key ways honey can make your skin more beautiful.
- Moisturizing Mask: Honey contains properties that soothe the skin and keep it hydrated. You can get this benefit by spreading 1 tablespoon of raw honey on clean, dry skin and leave on the skin for 20 minutes. Then, rinse with warm water.
- Blemish Remover: As you probably know, honey has natural antibacterial and antimicrobial content, which means it will help with treating acne. While fighting bacteria, it also calms redness and irritation. You can just wet cotton with raw honey and pat the affected areas. Let it stay for 15 minutes, and then rinse.
- Skin Pores Remover: No one likes the unsavoury holes on the skin, but you don’t have to worry anymore. Honey has some serious enzymes working in your favour to clarify the skin and clear pores. Just mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of raw honey and apply to clean dry skin. Then rinse.
- Vitamin C Therapy: This magic is made possible by combining honey with lemon. Cut a lemon in half and remove the seeds, then add 1 teaspoon of honey to one of the lemon halves. Then, rub all over the face, and leave it for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing.
- Remove Scars: Honey is a healing balm, and it also eliminates scars from the skin. It helps to revive skin cells, thus increasing skin turnover. The process is simple. Mix one teaspoon of raw honey with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or olive oil. Apply to the area with the scar, and then place a hot washcloth over the skin, letting it sit until cool. This can be done every day.