Belly fat, aka visceral fat, has been linked to conditions like heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer. So it’s important to work on lessening it and keeping a toned tummy. Strengthening those core muscles will only help you with everything else you’re trying to do in the gym, and outside of it, too.
You can do these basic exercises from the comfort of your home. Each day you will need only 10 minutes of your time to perform these exercises and you will see the amazing results during your first week.
Your daily routine should start with the exercises of your choice. Each one should be done for the amount of time stated with a 10-second break in between. Be sure to repeat 2 times during each session.
Crunches are a classic core exercise for defining the abdominal muscles and are ideal for toning the rectus abdominis and oblique muscles.
- Lie on your back on the floor or on a comfortable mat.
- Bend your knees.
- Lift your shoulders toward the ceiling using your abdominal muscles and pause at the peak
The double leg reach is a very effective abdominal exercise, working both the upper and lower abdominals.
- Lie on your back with your legs stretched and your arms facing upward.
- Lift your feet back off the ground at a 45-degree angle using your abdominal muscles and pause at the peak.
- Then slowly lie back down keeping your arms and legs stretched.
3. Arm plank with knee dip, 15 times
- Position yourself in the plank position with your weight relying on your hands.
- Then bend your left knee forward toward your waist, curl it, and hold it for a few seconds.
- Pull your leg back and repeat it again with the right one.