What Are The Benefits Of Tea Tree Oil For Health?
Tea tree oil is derived from the leaves of the tea tree.
Tea tree oil is used topically on skin for infections such as
- Fungal infections of the nail (onychomycosis)
- Lice, scabies
- Athlete’s foot (tinea pedis)
- It is used topically as a local antiseptic for cuts and abrasions
- For burns, Insect bites and stings, boils, vaginal infections
- Recurrent herpes labialis
- Toothache, infections of the mouth and nose
- Sore throat, and for ear infections
- Improves oral health, and even relieves root canal pain.
The health benefits of tea tree oil (also called tea tree essential oil) can be attributed to its antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, balsamic, expectorant, fungicide, insecticide, and stimulant properties.
1. Strengthens Nails
You can also add olive, coconut, argan, and tea tree oils to a bowl. Soak your nails in the mixture for about 10 minutes. This can help rejuvenate your nails.
2. Aids In The Treatment Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
The antibacterial properties of tea tree oil can help relieve symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases. It can ease the pain caused by conditions like syphilis or chancroid.
Applying the oil to the affected area (using a clean cotton ball) can bring about great relief. Following this treatment every day for at least two weeks can show you the results. You can also add a few drops of tea tree oil to your bath water to relieve the painful symptoms.
3. Treats Dandruff
Early research suggests that applying a 5% tea tree oil shampoo three minutes daily for four weeks reduces scalp lesions, scalp itchiness, and greasiness in people with dandruff.
4. Treats Belly Button Infections
Given its antifungal and antibacterial properties, tea tree oil can be a good remedy for belly button infections. You just have to mix 4 to 5 drops of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of olive or coconut oil. Using a clean cotton ball, apply the oil mixture to the affected area. Leave it on for about 10 minutes, and then gently wipe the oil off the area using a clean tissue. Repeat twice to thrice a day until you see the results.