Blackheads are a mild type of acne that usually form on the face. They resemble small bumps that appear due to pores becoming clogged with oil and dead skin. There are many reasons that could cause blackheads such as improper skincare routine, excessive use of cosmetics, hormonal changes in the body, stress and so on.
We present to you 6 all-natural remedies that are the fastest and most effective for getting rid of blackheads and maintaining your face smoothness.
1. Baking Soda
The antiseptic quality of Baking Soda makes it a wonderful product for your skin. It not only works as an exfoliant to scrub away dead skin cells, leaving the skin soft and smooth, it’s also an incredible contender against those pesky blackheads. And, as baking soda also helps to neutralize the skin’s pH, it encourages the skin to produce less oil, which means that after regular use, you may be able to say goodbye to those blackheads for good.
Follow these simple directions to use it:
- In a glass or ceramic bowl, mix about a tablespoon of baking soda with just a small amount of water to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to blackheads and allow it to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Repeat the remedy once or twice a week to remove debris from pores that can cause them to clog, resulting in blackheads.
This nutrient-rich grain is safe and effective on a number of skin conditions, including blackheads and sensitive, irritated skin. It works as a gentle natural cleanser and exfoliant, loosening clogged pores that lead to blackheads. It also contains powerful antioxidants and some anti-inflammatory properties too. It soothes irritation, removes dead skin cells, and soaks up excess oil to help clarify the complexion.
To use oatmeal for eliminating blackheads:
- Cook just enough oatmeal per package instructions in order to cover all of your blackheads, being sure to use distilled water that is free of contaminants.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool to room temperature before applying to affected areas.
- Apply to blackheads, allowing it to sit for 10 to 20 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
Apply this remedy at least once per day for maximum results
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice contains alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) citric acid which works as a natural astringent to remove dead skin, making it perfect for clogged pores. Lemon juice is also rich in vitamin C, an antioxidant that stimulates collagen production to improve skin health and reduce scarring from acne.
To use lemon juice for a clearer, blackhead-free complexion:
- First, wash your face with your favorite gentle, natural cleanser.
- Squeeze about one teaspoon of juice from an organic lemon into a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Dip a cotton ball into the lemon juice and dab it onto any blackheads that you have.
- Allow it to dry for at least 10 minutes before rinsing with cool water – or leave it on as an overnight treatment and rinse your face off in the morning.
This lemon juice treatment should be used once a day.
Honey is both antibacterial and antiseptic, properties that help remove blackheads by destroying germs or impurities that clog pores. Honey also acts as a natural antibiotic, helping to pull dirt from the pores of the skin to clear blackheads as well as tightening and hydrating the pores for a clearer complexion.
Remove blackheads with honey by:
- Heat about a tablespoon of pure raw honey in a small jar until it is warm to the touch (placing the jar of honey into a bowl of very hot water will do the trick).
- Dab some of the warm honey onto any blackheads and allow it to soak in for about 10 minutes.
- Remove with a warm, damp cloth.
Turmeric is one of the best medicinal spices there is, offering powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
To use turmeric for eliminating blackheads:
- Mix a small amount of turmeric with water or coconut oil to form a paste.
- Dab the paste onto blemishes and let it soak in for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
Use this treatment daily to get rid of and prevent future blackheads.
6. Egg whites
Egg whites offer numerous benefits to the skin. They’re rich in protein and albumin, which offers skin toning properties and helps to promote wrinkle-free skin. Due to their ability to tighten skin and minimize pores, using egg whites is especially good for oily skin and reduces the chances of future blackheads while removing current blackheads at the same time.
To use egg whites:
- Gather an egg, some facial tissue or toilet paper, a small bowl and a clean towel; separate the yolk from the white.
- Rinse your face and then pat it dry.
- Apply a thin layer of egg white all over your face and then place a strip of toilet paper or facial tissue over it, pressing it gently onto your face. Allow it to dry.
- Next, place a second layer of egg white over the tissue. You can dip your fingers in the egg white and then onto the tissue to make it easier. Allow that layer to dry as well.
- Once the mask has dried, peel the tissue off and then rinse to remove any residue.
- Pat dry and moisturize with your favorite all-natural moisturizer.