Stretch marks come from rapid weight gain, causing the elastic fibres of our skin to snap and break, resulting in red, pink, brown, white, or grey scars.
They often appear on the belly and breasts, and it affects 90% of women, especially during pregnancy.
The good news is that most stretch marks will fade or reduce in size or colour as time passes. But for the stubborn ones, here’s a DIY that will remove them all.
- ½ cup of raw cocoa butter
- ¼ cup of raw shea butter
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of Vitamin E oil
- 2 tablespoons of rosehip seed oil
- 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil
- 20 drops geranium, lavender, and/or frankincense essential oil
- Using a boiler, melt the cocoa butter, shea butter, and coconut oil until combined.
- Pour into a glass container and cool to room temperature.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Chill in the refrigerator until butter starts to solidify (about an hour).
- Remove from fridge and whip with an immersion blender until the texture is similar to whipped cream.
- Pour into a glass container, seal tightly, and store in a cool, dark place.
- Apply to belly and breasts as needed.