Turmeric has gotten a reputation for being an efficient ingredient for various medicinal and beauty uses. When used as a face mask, it could help heal and beautify your skin, and interestingly, it’s easy to do at home.
With just a simple combination with yoghurt, coconut or olive oil, turmeric will add brilliant glowing to the skin.
That’s not all. You can also rely on its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to help fight acne and wrinkles.
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons flour or cornstarch (to thicken the paste)
- 2–3 drops runny honey
- For oily skin: 1/4 cup plain yoghurt, plus 3−4 drops lemon juice
- For dry skin: 2 tablespoons coconut oil, sweet almond oil, or olive oil (or more if you like)
- Mix the flour and turmeric together. Once combined, stir in the honey.
- If your skin in the oily type: Add lemon juice and stir. Slowly mix in the yoghurt until a creamy paste is formed. Use more or less yoghurt to your liking.
- But if you have dry skin, add the oil slowly and stir until a paste is formed. Add more if you would like it creamier.
- Apply the mask to your face and neck, and leave for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using a warm, wet washcloth, rinse off the mask.