For those that biting off their nails is a habit they want to desperately get rid of, this post is for you. It’s also for those who want to ditch acrylic nails which sometimes leave your nails weak, brittle and flaky.
Here are 5 hacks to help you grow and keep long nails.
1. Stop biting your nails. Biting your nails is detrimental to your health. Although a regular nervous habit for many, it can cause bacterial skin infections on your hands and in your mouth. You can also try keeping your nails neatly polished or add nail art, so you’ll be less apt to biting.
2. Stop wearing acrylics and gels. Rushed removal of acrylic or gel nails leaves your nails dry, brittle, and unlikely to grow.
3. Get plenty of Vitamin H (biotin). Biotin promotes the growth and strength of nails, hair, and skin. Whole grains, mushrooms, bananas, salmon, and avocado are all great sources of biotin.
4. Apply strengthening treatments. Several strengthening treatments exist. Just go for the the one that fits your budget and schedule. Strengthening polish will help keep your nails from chipping. It is very affordable and easy to use.
5. Use nail hardeners to keep your nails protected.