Just like honey, turmeric is one of the most versatile ingredients that you’ll always find in skincare products. But while it is used as ingredients, you can also use it naturally to maintain your beauty.
Turmeric is high in antioxidants that slow down cell damage. It is widely used as a skin exfoliant and improves skin’s texture. What’s more? It helps with inflammatory skin conditions, such as acne, dry skin, psoriasis and eczema.
It doesn’t end there. turmeric also helps to reduce pigmentation, even out the skin tone and clear wrinkles off the skin.
So, how do you make a turmeric mask to enjoy all these?
Let’s begin with the paste. You’ll need to mix flour, turmeric, honey and milk to make a paste
- 2 tablespoons of flour. You can use regular flour, rice flour or ground oats if your skin is dry.
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons milk. You can also use yoghurt to fight acne.
- (Optional) You can also add a few drops of honey (any kind will work, but manuka is especially good for acne)
- Apply a thin layer to your face and let it dry for 20 minutes
- Rinse off in the shower, scrubbing gently to remove.
- Apply your favourite moisturizer.