Due to overexposure to the sun, hormone imbalance, pregnancy, stress, Vitamin C deficiencies and a few other factors, dark spots and blemishes manage to find their way to the face.
However worrisome this is, it can be removed with these simple natural remedies.
Lemon juice works perfectly as a remedy for dark spots. It contains vitamin C that can help lighten the dark spots on your face. But before you get to the directions, note that if your skin is sensitive, you should dilute the juice with honey or water.
- Put some fresh lemon juice on a cotton ball and rub it directly on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry and then wash it off with plain water.
- Continue using this dark spot removal remedy for at least two weeks to get the desired result.
Potatoes boast of natural bleaching properties that help in fading spots, scars, and blemishes. Also, it contains starch that reduces hyperpigmentation, while the enzymes in it promote healthy skin.
Potatoes can be applied in these three ways:
- Slice up a potato.
- Place one slice directly onto the hyperpigmented area.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Peel and grate the potato.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in the grated potato.
- Apply the mask on your face and allow it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Extract the juice of 1 potato.
- Add a little lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric powder to it.
- Apply this mixture on the dark spots.
- Allow it to dry then rinse it off.