Jojoba oil is rich in important vitamins and minerals, including vitamins E and B-complex, zinc, copper, selenium, chromium, and iodine. The great thing about this oil is that it suits all skin types. It is light, non-sticky, odorless, and has a long shelf life.
The jojoba oil is gotten from the nut of the jojoba plant that grows in North America. It produces a nut with many healing properties and it thrives in difficult climates that could kill many living things.
Pure jojoba oil as a remedy for acne, dry skin, and countless other skin conditions.
Since jojoba oil is hypoallergenic, it’s generally considered safe to apply topically.
However, there are some rare cases in which jojoba oil has caused an allergic reaction. Symptoms included hives and itching.
To avoid these side effects, make sure to do a patch test before using jojoba oil.
Benefits of using jojoba oil for your skin:
- Moisturizes Skin
- Reduces Under-Eye Dark Circles- it will help reduce the inflammation present in the area, providing you with an even skin tone.
- Makes Your Lips Soft and can be used as a lip balm to soothe dry, cracked lips.
- Anti-aging serum- apply it all over your face before bed.
- Used as a treatment to improve acne on the face- it is antiseptic and non-greasy. Hence, it is a very effective treatment for acne. The extended usage of jojoba oil reduces the pore size and controls oil secretion, which prevents the recurrence of acne.
- Heals Cracked Heels.
- Eye cream- It is safe to use around your eye area, unlike most other ingredients.
- Make-up remover for oil-based makeup.
- Effective In Treating Stubborn Acne.
- Effective in treating skin conditions like eczema, and psoriasis.
- Removes Sun Tan- With its wax-like coating, jojoba oil shields sunburnt skin until it gets better.
- It can be used as a cleanser, moisturizer, or spot treatment. It can typically be used anywhere on your body, including your face, without being diluted.
- Balances Oil Production Of The Skin- it does not clog pores, it also stops the skin from secreting more oil on its own.
- Reduces Wrinkles And Signs Of Aging-It is rich in vitamin E, The continuous use of jojoba oil can decrease fine lines and wrinkles by up to 25%
- Reduces Skin Inflammation.
- Keeps Your Nails Healthy– it has vitamin E that moisturizes the cuticles, reduces breakage, and encourages healthy nail growth
- Prevents Razor Burns.
- Reduces Pregnancy Stretch Marks.
- Jojoba oil contains many minerals that will give you a healthy and naturally glowing skin.
Unlike some other essential oils, jojoba oil doesn’t need to be diluted and can be applied directly to your skin.
Before using jojoba oil, or any cosmetic product, for the first time, It’s advised that you do a patch test to make sure you’re not allergic.