For women with oily skin, the task of skin care takes more than the usual cleansing, toning and moisturising routine.
You may need to scrub frequently to get rid of dead cells from the skin as it unclogs pores and helps the skin to breathe. You will need to exfoliate and scrub your face at least two to three times a week to prevent any oil build-up, which can clog the pores. It will also keep your skin shiny and glowing
Here are some homemade face scrubs to eliminate oil on your skin:
Oatmeal offers anti-inflammatory properties, which helps in hydrating and moisturising the skin. One of the recipes for this – yoghurt, also controls the sebum production. But note that, in place of yoghurt, use rose water if your skin is very sensitive.
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon organic honey
- 1 tablespoon thick yoghurt
- Take all the ingredients and mix well.
- Apply on your face and massage for a few minutes, in circular motions.
- Wash with cold water.
- The entire process will require 10 to 12 minutes.
- Apply this scrub one to two times a week.
Then, you can also use cucumber. It contains cooling and astringent properties which render a glowing and fresh look by shrinking your open pores.
- 1 small cucumber
- Peel the cucumber and grate it.
- Apply grated cucumber on your face (ensure your face is clean)
- Massage in upward circular motions for a minute or two, rinse with cold water.
- The process will take 6 to 7 minutes.
- You can use cucumber scrub twice a week.