Papaya is full of powerful enzymes and phytochemicals that are good for the skin.
It contains papain, an enzyme, which slow down the formation of fine lines and wrinkles by combating free radicals. The enzyme also has skin-lightening properties and can reduce the visibility of blemishes and acne scars.
Not just that, it acts as a gentle exfoliator that dissolves inactive protein and dead skin cells.
- 1/4 ripe papaya
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Blend or mash up the soft ripe papaya into a lump-free puree.
- Add the honey and lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply the face mask onto your clean face and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, gently use warm water to loosen the face mask.
- Do a final rinse off with cold water. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.
But there a few things to note, you should use freshly squeezed lemon juice. Also, try to do facial steaming beforehand to open up your pores, to allow the face mask to penetrate deep and nourish your skin cells.