Exfoliation is physically or chemically removing those dead and dulling skin cells. Exfoliating helps speed up your skin’s process and helps it to look younger. Your skin is constantly shedding skin cells. When this happens, smoother skin cells push their way up to the skin’s surface
Physical exfoliators work against the top layers of the skin to remove dead, dulling surface cells via rubbing and sloughing. These can include crystals, micro-fine granules, and natural beads.
There are two forms of exfoliation: physical and chemical
Physical exfoliators work against the top layers of the skin to remove dead, dulling surface cells via rubbing and sloughing whilst.
Chemical exfoliators use gentle acids to dissolve the dead cells on your face to slowly reveal brighter, smoother, more even-looking skin. It penetrates deeper into the skin and can be a great option for skin that has deep congestion.
Benefits of exfoliating your skin:
- Unclogs pores
- Reduces blackheads
- Brightens dull skin
- Minimize the appearance of pores
- Detoxifies the skin by stimulating microcirculation
- Controls excess oil
- Improves overall tone
- Softens skin texture
- Lightens hyperpigmentation
- Helps skin look younger
How to exfoliate your skin
For physical scrubs- You can do this scrub 1-3 times a week
- Apply a pea-sized amount to moist skin and gently massage in a circular motion.
- Make sure to keep your motions gentle.
- Rinse off with water then follow with your moisturizer and SPF (if it is daytime) or nighttime anti-aging and brightening products (if it is nighttime).
For Chemical scrubs- If you use a gentle chemical exfoliator, like Flash Foam Cleanser, you can use twice daily for most skin types.