For many people having flawless skin is a herculean task when considering their hectic lifestyle and many other factors like pollution, harmful UV rays from the sun, stress, and improper diet. These elements can damage your skin further and give you an imbalanced skin tone. Here are four reasons to use turmeric for skin lightening:
- Turmeric is anti-inflammatory: Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric that also gives it that characteristic deep mustard color, is kind of a big deal when it comes to inflammation.
- Makes wrinkles vanish: The wide range of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients found in turmeric make it a great way to banish wrinkles before they take over your face.
- Turmeric speeds healing: If you’ve got any blemishes, scratches or areas of your face that simply refuse to heal, turmeric might be just the ticket, turmeric is a powerful healing agent.
- Turmeric balances oily skin: To prevent the skin from drying out, subcutaneous sebaceous glands secrete natural oils, thereby helping the epidermis to retain moisture and avoid cracking.
Benefits of Honey for skin lightening:
- Honey is antibacterial
- Honey is moisturizing: the active enzymes present in raw honey promote the rapid absorption of it’s hydrolyzing molecules into the upper layer of the skin, locking in moisture and ensuring your skin stays fresh and youthful.
- Honey is nourishing: whether you eat it or smear it on your skin, honey is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and natural enzymes that help you to nourish your skin either from the inside out or the outside in.
- Honey cleanses pore: If you’re suffering from clogged pores, blackheads or oily skin, honey can help. The heady combination of antioxidants and antibacterial abilities make it a great choice for entering surface pores, wiping out unwanted microorganisms and nourishing those pores to ensure they stay healthy and bacteria-free into the future.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp raw honey
- In a small bowl, use a teaspoon or popsicle stick to mix the two ingredients together until roughly combined.
- If the mixture is too dry, consider adding a few drops of water or a small amount of warm (liquid) organic coconut oil to lube things up a little.
- When ready to apply, rinse your face with warm water, pat dry and use your hands to rub the mixture onto as much of your face as you can. Be warned: turmeric can stain clothes, so tread carefully!
- Leave the face mask on for around 20 minutes, rinse off with warm water and lock in the moisture with a small amount of coconut/ almond oil.