The combination of cucumber and tomato become powerful astringents which help tighten large pores.
Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants that provide many benefits for skin including delaying skin ageing and protection from skin cancer.
Cucumber’s 95% content is more than enough to hydrate oily skin, and also moisturises dry withered skin.
Cucumber also soothes skin, especially inflamed and sunburned skin. Its skin lightening properties can fade blemishes and lighten skin tone.
- 1/2 ripe tomato
- 1/4 cucumber
- Wash and peel 1/4 a cucumber.
- Blend it to a fine pulp with 1/2 tomato.
- Apply the mixture to your skin in a gentle circular motion.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water, and pat dry.
If you have excess available, you can store in the refrigerator for up to three days. But if it starts smelling bad, throw it away.