There are plenty of products to choose from when it comes to whitening your teeth.
There are multiple factors that cause teeth to become dull and lose their bright, white sparkle. Luckily for you discoloration of your teeth can usually be treated with regular cleaning and whitening remedies.
If you want whiter teeth and want to avoid chemicals, then this baking soda diy paste is the best thing to use.
Regular consumption of these drinks/ food cause yellowing and staining of teeth:
- Dark liquids like red wine, beer, black tea, coffee, and colas. If it’s dark in color, it’s bound to stain those pearly whites of yours.
- Smoking is another major cause of stained teeth.
Baking soda, a mild abrasive agent, is an effective teeth-whitening remedy if used responsibly. It works best for surface stains and plaque removal and also prevents discoloration.
How to use Baking Soda for teeth whitening
1. Brush With Baking Soda and water
Baking soda creates an alkaline environment in your mouth, which prevents bacteria from growing. Baking soda has natural whitening properties, which is why it’s a popular ingredient in commercial toothpaste.
It’s a mild abrasive that can help scrub away surface stains on teeth.
Procedure on how to make a baking soda paste:
- To use this remedy, mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with 2 teaspoons of water.
- Mix the ingredients well to make a smooth and runny paste.
- Put the baking soda paste on your toothbrush and carefully brush your teeth with it for about 2 minutes.
- Rinse your mouth completely to remove any traces of baking soda and see your teeth whiten instantly.
- Repeat this method once a week for a few months to achieve good results.
Use Baking Soda with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is great for oral health. It contains lauric acid, an agent that breaks down harmful bacteria in the mouth, thus improving oral health.
When used with baking soda, it makes for a healthy and safe teeth-whitening recipe that takes all-around care of your oral health.
Procedure to making a paste from Baking Soda and Coconut oil
- Put some baking soda in a bowl and mix in an equal amount of coconut oil.
- Put a little of the paste on your toothbrush and brush with it for about 2 minutes to whiten your teeth instantly.
- Rinse your mouth with plenty of warm water to completely remove the baking soda.
- Repeat the activity 2 or 3 times a week for a few months to see results.