It’s a known fact that our feet and hands have a tendency to turn darker than other parts of our body. Our skin produces melanin to protect itself from the harsh rays of the sun thus making the areas that have been exposed to sun darker than the rest of the body that isn’t.
Lemon: can be the best remedy to lighten dark areas of the body, because it’s a natural bleaching agent can lighten your skin instantly.
- Squeeze a lemon and rub a few drops of it on your feet and hands. Let the juice dry for fifteen minutes and thereafter, wash it off with normal water.
Aloe vera: can also help restore your original skin tone. It is able to treat hyperpigmentation and hence can lighten the tanned skin on your hands and feet.
It also has deep skin-moisturizing properties that help add a natural glow to your hands and feet.
- Extract fresh aloe vera gel from a leaf and rub it on your hands and feet for 5 minutes. Wait 30 minutes, then rinse it off with plain water. Do this twice a day to lighten the skin color.
- Alternatively, mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and a few drops of almond oil. Apply this mixture on your dark skin areas and massage gently until it is absorbed into your skin. Wait 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse your skin with water. Use this treatment twice daily.
Note: Do not step out directly into the sunlight after using aloe vera on the skin
Yogurt: Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid, which is a group of acids naturally occurring in certain foods. These acids remove the top layer of dead skin and are often used in commercial skin care treatments to alleviate dry, scaly, or darkened skin. Only use lactic acid products at night, as it can make your skin even more susceptible to UV damage.
- Apply a thin layer of plain yogurt to your hands and feet before bed. Leave the yogurt on for five to 10 minutes, and rinse with warm water. Repeat a couple times per week.
- Remember that even if you do this, you will still need to wear SPF 15 or higher sunscreen during the day to prevent sun damage.